Sunday, June 29, 2008

Thing #10 - Online Image Generator

I chose the Fake Magazine Cover for all three of my images. Each is very different but are things I could use either in my library or for sending to friends to create interest in my blog. The link is http://www.fakecovermagazine.com.

The first cover I used was "LOVE" magazine and I used a photo of my nephew and his wife that I took while in New York last summer. They are both school teachers - he teaches high school science and she is a middle school Health/PE teacher. I wanted to let them know about my blog and I thought what better way to get them interested than include them on one of my blogs. Plus, they are so cute, they could actually be on a cover of a romance magazine. Here is a photo of my cover.


Next I used the K-9 magazine cover to do a photo of my daughter's pug, Oscar. I wanted to show her my blog and also thought this would get her interested if I had a picture of her "Oscar." Here is the little guy with his reindeer "chewy."




The last photo I used is a picture of myself with my 3rd-5th Name That Book team that took 1st place in the all of HISD back in May. We competed against 57 elementary schools and came away with the lst place trophy! Here I am with my team - I was so proud of them and all of their hard work. I thought Student Stars was a very appropriate cover for my photo.




I plan on using this web site throughout the school year to display on my library bulletin board. I thought I could use it for my birthday club activity, my Name That book, Texas Bluebonnet Award Breakfast, etc... Kids loving viewing pictures of themselves and I thought this would be a great way to showcase all they do in the library

1 comment:

Nice Guy said...

Not only is your newphew now watching your blog, but I think that pug (dog) is too now :)

Glad you like my site, see the homepage @ www.ImageGenerator.org where I have hundreds of image generators!