Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thing #2 - 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners

I almost forgot to do this step. Thankfully I read a few posts from other team members, and realized I had skipped this step. I had read it, but forgot to post my thoughts. I think the habits hardest for me are habits 4 and 6. I have not always had the confidence in myself as an effective learner, which may explain my getting my college degrees later on in my life. I think having my two daughters and seeing them grow and learn helped me to gain the confidence to go back to school and get an education. But even after all that, I still find that I lack confidence in myself from time to time. Habit 6 which is using technology to its full advantage, has not always been easy for me. I do not own an I-pod or MP3 player, and don't know that I would use them if I had them. I do know my way around digital cameras, palm pilots, and computers, but that is because I use them in my current job. I am thinking by the time I finish this course, I may be the proud owner of an I-Pod. The other habits I found are pretty easy for me, especially play! I love to have a good time - whenever possible.

No comments: