Sunday, July 6, 2008

Thing #14 - Technorati

I went to the Technorati web site and tried doing a search for School Library 2.0 and got an error message. I tried again and got the same results. So I gave up and tried exploring some of the most popular blogs, searches and tags, but didn't really find anything of interest to me. Again, it is that part of me that has a hard time being interested in someone else's opinions, ideas, or interests - when I don't even know them. I did go ahead and claim my blog as part of one of the optional "things" to do, but I don't feel I would return to this web site any time soon to try to share anything.

I liked Del.icou.us better than Technorati as far as a place to post my tags and share my favorite web sites. Right now, I can't see a way to use Technorati in my elementary school library, but I may change my mind once I have a chance to explore the sight a little bit more. I think it would have been helpful if the assignment for this "thing" had been a little more in depth. I more or less felt like a tourist who had been dropped off in the middle of London, England, without a tour guide or map and told to go explore every popular sight in the city.

No comments: