Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing #17 - Rollyo

Once again, I learned about something I never knew existed. I sat up my Rollyo account and decided to use travel sites on my search engine. My husband and I travel ALOT and I do all our reservations over the Internet. Having my own Rollyo account now allows me to search so much faster and easier. Instead of visiting half a dozen different sites, I can search them all at once and narrow down my searches by keyword. For example, we are going to Boston this month so I did a keyword search for Boston under all my chosen search engines and was amazed at how quickly and easily could locate information I needed for our trip.

The link to my Rollyo Travel Account is http://rollyo.com/tjcoult/travel_tools/. I am sure it could be improved upon, but I think I am off to a great start and this is definitely something I will be using whenever I travel.

For my school library, I am thinking I could add a link to my library web site and have search engines that my students would be interested in, for example, author web sites, encyclopedias, dictionaries, book reviews, etc... I will take time to think about it and research various tools before the school year begins.

No comments: