Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing #16 - Wikis

I managed to make a post to the SBISD Sandbox and I also signed up for my own account. As I dicussed in my Sandbox post, I love the way Wikis cut down on e-mails. I didn't even know such a thing existed! I just finished my library schedule for next year and it became so complicated when trying to coordinate my schedule around everyone else's schedules. It would have been much easier for myself, the computer teacher and the science lab teacher to workout our schedules had we done it on a wiki space, rather than sending dozens of e-mails back and forth. I definitely plan on using a wiki space next year for our scheduling. As far as using Wikis with my students, I could see having the older students working collaboratively on a research project that I set up for them. Much like the 4 campers in the tutorial video, I could create a project, give them a list of things to discover, assign each of them a job, then let them finish the project by adding, editing and deleting as needed among the group. It is something to think about as I do my planning for the next school year.

No comments: