Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing #21 - Creating a Podcast

This lesson was so frustrating, but I was determined to figure out all the problems I encountered and I finally did it! I even tried calling my very "computer savvy" daughters and they said they didn't know anything about creating a podcast, so now I know something they don't.

I used several photos that I had taken while on a trip to New York last summer. I created it using PlayStory3. I had hoped to download the Frank Sinatra version of "New York, New York" but could never quite figure it out, so I gave up and used this music background which was one of the options provided on PlayStory3. So, although this music was not my first choice, I think it turned out okay. Also, I wanted to use more pictures, but the blog only allows you to post videos that are less than 100 MB. I spent a lot of time editing this until I got it right and was able to get it to download.

I think this would be a great thing to teach older students in a computer class, and I hope to create a few videos like this one to share in my library classes now that I know what I am doing. I thought of several different themes that would be fun to create on my own for use in my lessons. What a great way to incorporate music and art into lessons.

No comments: