Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thing #20-Exploring You Tube and Teacher Tube



I really enjoyed this video and thought it would be a great icebreaker video to show to my older elementary age students at the beginning of the school year.

I found another video on You Tube which I really enjoyed. It is a Classic Sesame Street short called "No Cookies in the Library." I plan on showing it to my younger students at the beginning of the school year. Unfortnately I have been unable to download it here to my post. I will keep working on it and hope I will have success.

I didn't know there was a Teacher Tube until I began the Library2Play exercise. I found so many things that could be used throughout the school year for both the teachers and students. There were several I liked that I viewed as inspirational videos which I plan on showing to our principal as something the staff might view at one of our beginning of the school year staff meetings.

2 comments:

VWB said...

I know that cookie video has been uploaded before..I think someone in the spring group used it...and you have one uploaded ...it basically should work the same?
A mystery for sure!

I always copy the code from the box that they include for blogger (you do have to scroll a bit sometimes below & to the right of the video)
then on the post screen I switch from the compose tab to the html tab and paste the code....

Latebloomer said...

Thanks for the info. I will try it again to see if it works for me.